I like to think there is some sort of balance in the natural order of the Universe. When a few bad things happen, it’s only a matter of time before some good things happen. The stress comes from how long between those events it will be. We just never know.
It’s been a long few weeks. Hell, in retrospect, it’s been a long year, but there are only 38 days left of 2013, so let’s just get ready to either finish in style, or wrap it up quietly.
As suspected, today was my last day of employment. It wasn’t for lack of a whole lot of great folks trying to change that outcome, and, for them, I am really grateful. Regardless of how things would have gone, it feels great to have some amazing people rooting for you. I collected some good people at this gig.
All of this came down to a call at 5pm, also as suspected, but, earlier in the day, the Universe started doling out consolation prizes.
- Thanks to a cancellation, I got to move up my injection date to December 5th, so this frustrating back pain won’t hang around as long as I thought it might have to,
- It was legitimately cold enough to justify hot chocolate today,
- The insurance company for the plumbing ACTUALLY IS COVERING the plumbing issues we are fixing in the house this week, which is no small sum,
- Benjamin got five days worth of behavior check marks IN A ROW,
- After staying up a little late, studying, last night, Leah did pretty well on a Texas History exam she was sweating.
And, almost more importantly, I got to do this today:
It’s the little things – and the big things – that keep everything in balance. Thanks, Universe – I needed that.
Wishing everyone a great weekend – we’ll see you back here next week. xo