There are so many iterations of Drunken Shrimp – and none of them please me. So here’s mine. Think of this as Drunken Shrimp a la Margarita Style. As it should be.
For health and lifestyle choices I use all organic ingredients – and most especially wild-caught shrimp – but conventional products will work equally well.
1/2 pound shrimp
1/4 cup tequila (plus a shot for the chef)
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Pinch of red pepper flakes (could also substitute a dash of Siracha)
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Skewers for cooking
- Combine tequila, orange juice, lime juice shallot, garlic cilantro and red pepper flakes in large ziploc bag or bowl. Add shrimp.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Add shrimp to skewers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.