The boxes have arrived. And my back already hurts. But, I’m PACKING and that is good.
A few things:
1. Husband and I have bought two different houses. The house I think we’ve bought is clearly not the one HE thinks we’ve bought. It’s not so much that we differ on the decor as we do the SPACE AVAILABLE FOR CERTAIN THINGS.
2. I have become much less sentimental about keeping certain things as I go through stuff. If I haven’t used it, haven’t seen it, or have no good place to put it – it’s gone.
3. After awhile, cardboard really doesn’t smell so great.
4. If a buyer buys a house “as is” do I have to patch the enumerable nail holes in the walls? (And make no mistake – there are a LOT.)
5. I cannot wait to terminate our lawn-guy’s contract. He’s an ass.
6. I am itching to take the pictures down off the walls, but am afraid they will get scratched up or damaged if I do. We will move these ourselves.
(There are a few things I’ve never let movers haul: framed pictures, china, crystal and jewelry.)
7. You know, an entry about packing is really not at all interesting.