…I shall set my oven aflame. Yep. Burnt like toast. Calls to 911. Firetrucks with sirens. Smoke and soot on a gazillion wood blinds.
All I was doing was broiling some (what would have been) delicious chicken / spinach / feta sausages. Some of the grease popped and hit the oven’s heating element. Next thing I knew? Flames roaring out of my oven.
So now I’ve lost 2 out of 3 ways of heating or cooking food because I’ve had to essentially disconnect my oven / microwave combination. That leaves the stove. That also leaves Husband and I aggravated that we have to heat all of Benjamite’s bottles the “old fashioned” way. Gah!
And, to add insult to injury, I spent over $200 at the grocery store today almost restocking my fridge and kitchen with awesome stuff to cook all week. And now I have no way to cook them. Double GAH!
But! We’re all fine and the house is fine and I have yet another asinine thing to write about on this blog. The Swimmy got to see real live (and cute!) firemen in action and learn the importance of 911 and safety rules. And, of course, Benjamite slept through it all.
Now, I’m with Beth on the whole cute firemen thing. But, I’d prefer they only visit socially. I have no interest on seeing them again professionally.
Now. How to get the barbecue smell out of my house…